Boutique-Style 120-Watt 3-Channel Valve Amplifier Head with Reverb
The 333XL / 333XL-212 is the big brother to the 333 Series, but with four key additions:
Overall active Presence control.
EL34 power tubes for a more compressed, tighter midrange.
Noise gate on Lead channel. This is an ANALOGUE gate that will never close or shut you off in a clean passage. It is frequency selected to decrease high frequency noise and hiss without changing your tone and it works loads better than a lot of competitors’ gates.
XL switch on Crunch and Lead channels. The XL function will add more “chunk” to your sound. You can add some thunder to the combo version to more closely emulate a 412 cab, thicken the sound of single coil pickups or add sustain to single-note melodic passages.
After that, this design is much like the 333 with three fully independent channels: A totally Clean channel that won’t break up, a Crunch channel for a “halfway dirty” rock and blues tone (or crank the gain for a metal rhythm tone), and a Lead channel with the same structure as the Crunch channel but with access to more gain.
Each of these channels has its own volume feeding the overall master volume, giving you total control over the level of each.
The BUGERA 333XL features a heavy-duty footswitch that allows you activate any of the three channels as well as boost the FX Loop
- Hand-built 120-Watt amplifier driven by 4 x EL34 valves (convertible to 6L6)
- Classic 3-channel preamp design (Clean, Crunch, Lead) featuring 4 x 12AX7 valves
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
- XL switches on the Lead and Crunch channels for absolute killer sounds
- Independent Equalizer sections for each channel with dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble control
- Classic Presence control for awesome sound shaping
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohm) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- FX Loop with independent Send and Return level controls also serves as Boost function
- Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and FX Loop/Boost function included
- Line output with dedicated Level control