Ultimate Rock Tone 120-Watt 2-Channel Tube Amplifier Head with Reverb and INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier
Our goal with the 6260 head and 6260-212 combo was to achieve the tone of a high power super lead amp, and provide it with all the virile crunch it takes to detonate the center stage. With 6L6s, this design has a very open and glassy tone; with EL34s, it takes on a more compressed and noticeably midrange character.
Turning the Clean gain up gradually causes the amp to react like a non-master volume amp, and achieves a very natural sounding overdrive—what we call “Texas Clean”. The amp will react sharply to changes in volume or attack from the instrument. The Crunch setting is simply the clean channel with more gain from another 12AX7 to create the Rock ’n’ Roll rhythm sound heard on all your classic rock faves.
The Lead channel is all about articulate gain and sustain. Copious amounts of harmonics and compression help your solos stand out and cut thru the band with ease. Separate master volumes allow for easy rhythm-clean/solo-lead switching with total control over the level of each sound.
INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier Technology
Our revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology is like having your very own technician inside your amp constantly monitoring and tweaking tube performance for the ultimate in tonal integrity and reliability. This revolutionary circuit not only optimizes the performance of each output tube, it dynamically balances the drive between them to more evenly distribute the load. With INFINIUM, your tubes last up to 20 times longer, saving you substantial money over the lifespan of your amplifier. INFINIUM also compensates for the effects of aging, automatically adjusting current levels to keep your tubes sounding as good as the day they were installed.
If and when a tube does reach the end of its life, the system even tells you which one to replace. All you need do is replace the faulty tube and let INFINIUM take care of the rest for you. This all adds up to more consistent sound quality and longer life for your tubes. Maintenance for tube amps has never been this easy!
- Hand-built 120-Watt amplifier driven by 4 x 6L6 tubes (convertible to EL34)
- 2-channel preamp design (Clean/Crunch, Lead) featuring 5 x 12AX7 tubes for thick and screaming hi-gain
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
- Revolutionary INFINIUM Tube Life Multiplier technology: – Extends the life of your amplifier’s expensive power tubes up to 20 times. – Provides incredible reliability and consistent tone over the complete lifespan of your tubes – No need for expensive matched tube sets – Allows you to mix and match any combination of compatible tube types and brands – Monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective tubes to allow for easy and individual replacement
- Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid and Treble controls
- Classic Master Presence control for efficient midrange sound shaping
- Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and FX Loop function included
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life